I am an Academic Assessment Coordinator (exam manager) at UNE COM. I work with students, faculty and staff to construct, distribute, and grade exams using ExamSoft software. Prior to obtaining this position I was a manager at a Credit Union based in Scarborough, Maine.
Upon starting this brand new role, I felt that I was able to observe the functions of the position and determine how I could improve the entire process. A few new things that I implemented were:
- Digital archiving of any paper testing materials
- Create, present, and run a mock exam session for incoming students during Orientation
- Collaborate with faculty to streamline the exam construction process (typically exams have questions from 5 or more faculty, and many times they are adjunct faculty)
- Learn technological aspects of the software and assist students with troubleshooting issues (in the past this was only handled by the Integration Technology Managers)
- Train any incoming faculty on the ExamSoft program
Below is a PDF file of the first Power Point presentation I have ever created. The purpose was to orient incoming students to ExamSoft. ExamSoft has online guides, but I needed to provide a presentation showing how COM specifically uses the program. I worked on all of the screenshots and dialogue. I also had to present this to a group of 180 students, which was also a huge step in my professional development.